1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is ready to get healthy this year?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by girlsgotgear, Jan 6, 2017.

1. girlsgotgear

girlsgotgear Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey everyone!
    Wanted to start this health and wellness section as an outlet for anyone who is interested in posting their fitness progress as motivation to help encourage each other to get or stay healthy this year. It's important to make sure you are healthy and as fit as you can be for any survival situation. I know I am working on becoming a better version of me which includes my body. I have always worked out as more of a stress reliever and one of my main workouts was running, but this year I want to tone and build up my muscles. About a month ago, l started focusing on lifting heavy weights. I started doing separate workouts for each muscle. Leg days- glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves, triceps/biceps day, ab day, shoulder/back day etc. and then I would incorporate a cardio day and a high intensity workout day. It hasn't been consistent because of the holidays, but starting this week it will be! It's hard staying motivated by yourself. Is anyone else's goal this year to get healthy? I would love to hear about what you do or are going to do to get there and your progress this year! :)

DylanVangen and Easy E like this.
  2. Easy E

Easy E Well-Known Member

Yes!! Awesome!! Aside from what I posted on my previous post, I am going to embark on a cycling journey starting Monday. Nobody likes leg day and I feel like cycling will strengthen my legs while I watch YouTube in the comfort of my own home and hopefully I wont even think about the fact that i'm cycling. I tend to get lost into long videos, so i'm hoping this works out positive for me lol Good Luck to everyone wanting to join us on this health train.

girlsgotgear likes this.
  3. livingsurvival

livingsurvival Administrator
    Staff Member

We could get the hiking/biking app and share results?

girlsgotgear likes this.
  4. DylanVangen

DylanVangen Active Member

I personally was doing really well the first half of 2016. Lost 12lbs and was down to 188. Then with a job change, a new baby, and the holiday season, as well as a bitter cold start to winter in MN, I have gained close to 25 lbs back now. I started the year differently and am doing a 10 day cleanse. (Nothing crazy) and then plan on healthy food and supplement intake as well as consistent workouts. I'm with ya for a healthier 2017!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy E and girlsgotgear like this.
  5. girlsgotgear

girlsgotgear Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea I was doing really well the first half of last year too. Then once summer hit I became a lot more relaxed. I started to just maintain. Ready to get serious again and go further then I did last year with my body. Ready to achieve my goal and transform my body! :)

6. DylanVangen

DylanVangen Active Member

Let's make it happen!

girlsgotgear likes this.
  7. Bckcntrytrout

Bckcntrytrout Member

The past couple months I've been eating healthier and having smaller portions. Last week I started trying to drink the proper amount of water to stay hydrated. I have been able to shed about 15 lbs since thanksgiving. We just picked up a jogging stroller to start jogging with wife and daughter. Going to start training at local lake with fitness trial to get in shape for 5K mud run this spring. We are also going to start hiking more regularly again, which I look forward to teach our daughter about the outdoors, she is almost 1 year old.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

girlsgotgear likes this.
  8. girlsgotgear

girlsgotgear Moderator
    Staff Member

That's great! I would love to run/hike outdoors all year round but it just gets too cold in Michigan for me so in the winter months I hibernate in the gym to workout. Lol. I agree. Teaching my children about the outdoors/survival skills and just spending lots of time discovering/being active outdoors is something I look forward to do with them someday:)

9. Easy E

Easy E Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Beachbody is running a promo where you can try out ALL of their beach body programs for free for one month. 30 days of awesomeness sounds good to me. I like these programs because you just follow and do as much as you can. For those that are not "gym rats" these programs are great starters into the world of fitness. As you progress you take what you like and incorporate them into your daily routine (as mentioned by @girlsgotgear ).