1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truth about Wild Lettuce?

Discussion in 'Wild Edibles & Medicinals' started by Device Unknown, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Device Unknown

Device Unknown Well-Known Member

AJ ESCUDERO likes this.
  2. livingsurvival

livingsurvival Administrator
    Staff Member

I have yet to find a perfect wild edible/medicinal book but I do have a few. Maybe instead try to find a tincture you can make to rub on to ease the pain. I bet that would work better.

3. Device Unknown

Device Unknown Well-Known Member

Yeah I looked at a lot of book. Got a few of them. But none mention pain relieving effects of wild lettuce. So was curious if anyone here has tried it before.

4. eatsweeds

eatsweeds New Member

Try these Internet Search Terms:: Ethnobotanical Use of X. Historical Use of X. And other terms which query historical usage by aboriginal peoples.

5. livingsurvival

Staff Member

I got the book Medicinal Herbs by Rosemary Gladstar and it has a ton of information in it but you're right nothing that really mentions wild lettuce. I think they make it in pill form, you could give that a shot.

6. livingsurvival

Staff Member

I asked Nicole Apelian (from Alone) and she said that a few people she knows have tried it and didn't do much. And that there are other much more well known remedies for pain.

7. AJ ESCUDERO

AJ ESCUDERO Well-Known Member
    Donating Member

Interesting read. I too suffer from back pain, mine is due to a failed surgery and most people just don't get what it is like to be in severe pain everyday. On a 1-10 scale with 10 being the worst, my pain is usually around a 7 at all times. Medication helps but I never take more than directed as I don't want to build up a tolerance. They have had me on almost every painkiller there is even fentanyl (which I quit cold turkey on my own volition against Dr's advice and will, never take again as the chemical withdrawals were hell). Never had any cravings for pain meds even when I've gone without. I've been doing pain management since 2008. Sleep suffers the most. I'm still able to function very well and most people would never know how much pain I'm in as I'm pretty active physically at work. You kind of get used to having to do stuff while in pain. The worst is the mental part like going to bed knowing that you are gonna wake up in pain and it will never go away. Just remember your not alone in your pain. I know that Chris tanner has pain issues and uses mess too. Most of the mess are hard to stockpile as they never give you enough to do so. Fakers and drug addicts have ruined that for the people who are legitimately in pain. Opium is supposedly legal to grow as a ornamental flower but I wouldn't risk it. Was thinking of getting seeds and storing them for a shtf scenario. Heat, stretching lightly, and swimming really helps.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk