1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Health Update

Discussion in 'Campfire Chat' started by Razerp, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Razerp

Razerp Well-Known Member

So the last 5 weeks have been interesting to say the least. I had a Bedbug infestation..right off the bat let me say They SUCK. Got it all sorted eventually after $220 odd bucks in pest control and other expenses, oh plus $380 for a new bed base (with delivery).

To top off the Craptastic month of June, had my follow up Colonoscopy today - the prep for it is horrendous. The good news is, i'm clear, no new growths and the Doc is very pleased.

I have been keeping up with my Walking every other day and can tell that it is helping.

2. Whirlibird

Whirlibird Well-Known Member

Bedbugs, been there, almost burned the house down just to get them.

Bloody hotels.

Congratulations on the checkup, got a little good news today also, the shoulder has been bad for a while, looks like bursitis rather than rotator cuff.
    Still hurts, but won't need to go under the knife.

Things are looking up.

six and Razerp like this.
  3. Razerp

Razerp Well-Known Member

Good news on the no surgery needed!

Just did back to back PBs on my walks, most steps recorded by my pedometer. Looking forward to breaking that again soon. Had someone I hadn't seen in about 12 months tell me it looked like i'd lost weight. Yay visible body change!

4. livingsurvival

livingsurvival Administrator
    Staff Member

Great!

5. six

six Well-Known Member

3 items necessary for BBs. 1) a spray bottle full of rubbing alcohol for when you find eggs. Kills eggs on contact. 2) A very good shop vac to suck those little bastards out of their nooks and crannies.... But most important of all, 3) the chemical/poison you want is called Temprid SC. Mix as directed in a spray bottle and apply to all surfaces the BBs have to clime on or crawl through, and any fabrics like curtains or tapestries they traverse. You will have all BBs gone in under 12 days. ... At least 3 states don't allow Temprid. None have an honest scientific reason to ban Temprid. If you live in one of those States, find an Ebay seller who doesn't know he's not supposed to ship to you or just arrange sale across the border in a nearby state and smuggle it back in to your State.

Save yourself the money on the steamer and the dusts you're supposed to spread in cracks and around doorways... save yourself the money on any other poison or ANY bug bomb that says it kills BBs. Ignore the natreopathic crap they sell (BBs don't care about tea tree or pine oils at all).

Just clean stuff in the effected rooms. When you discover BBs, spray the area with Temprid. When you find eggs, spray them and the area with rubbing alcohol. Be liberal with the shop vac going after every nook and cranny. Under 2 weeks, you will have no more BB... and if you're lucky/diligent, you might have them all gone in 5 days.

6. Razerp

Razerp Well-Known Member

6 months ago I took the first #BigFellaWalk I went up the steep driveway and back down. I was stuffed afterwards, one of my goals then was to get to where I could cross the main road and get to the shops etc. Today, I did it, crossed the busy road, went to my Real Estate and to the "Corner" store then back home. Yes I was pretty puffed by the end but I know I am making progress.

The slope up in my driveway looked like a big ass hill to me on that 1st walk, now it is a speedbump not an obstacle.