1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concealment Solutions Cobra OWB Holster

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Cameron, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

I got a chance to review the Cobra for my Glock 43 and my Glock 19 and I really like the fit and finish. Very well-made holster

2. Whirlibird

Whirlibird Well-Known Member

Bob Mayne (Handgun World podcast) has been recommending the Cobra for a while.
    Decent holsters, but like many modern designs, the belt "loops" on this example are questionable.
    A good knock down drag out fight and these are likely to come off the belt and the entire rig may
    not be retained.

I have tried several different types both when I was on duty and making holsters since and have
    found that slots in the kydex itself are stronger and have essentially 100% retention compared to
    anything with a screw or that is "easily detachable" from either the belt or holster.

One particular fight recently, one of my deputy friends ended up breaking a name brand holster
    nearly in half when the bad guys got a hold of his gun. The gun never came out (pure luck), but it was twisted
    around 90 degrees in the holster, blowing out 5 of 6 rivets and several screws. Gravity was the
    only thing holding it in place aside from minimal friction.