1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car EDC: His and Hers | What Should You Be Considering?

Discussion in 'Survival Packs & Kits' started by Cameron, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

Hi Everyone,

I just did a video on car bags for both break-down and get-home scenarios. I'd love to hear what you've got in yours

2. Whirlibird

Whirlibird Well-Known Member

Lifeboat rations instead of protein bars, the heat of a car will degrade the bars quickly.

Pepper spray in a vehicle, again hot environment. More than one LEO has had a spare canister let go during the summer.

Ammo, cool dry place. Try a small cooler with extra insulation. I had a couple of rounds that lived in my patrol car (war bag) in a spare box of ammo that failed to fire. Two year old HST.

A couple of heavy 6-mil contractors trash bags.

V-Max on small game? Use the ball ammo. Still too much but you might have something left.

Water filter, but anything besides the camelback to cook with or drink from?

Suppressor, are you crossing state lines?
    Also, the ASP isn't legal everywhere.

Bags are commonly stolen from vehicles, I'd be hesitant to leave certain things unsecured in a vehicle. Especially something papered to me.

Having made a car my office for a decade, I learned several things the hard way.

#2 Whirlibird, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  3. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

I love the suggestions, very helpful. What did you keep the trash bags for? I also agree on the class 3 items and mentioned in the video about taking them across state lines. (I took it this time on a small family trip)

4. Whirlibird

Whirlibird Well-Known Member

The contractors bags are multi purpose, can be used as ponchos, to make shelter covers, mattresses, cover packs, carrying/covering game, solar stills, so on and so forth.

Of all the items, the bags can be the most important.

5. livingsurvival

livingsurvival Administrator
    Staff Member

I keep my car kit bag small and black so it doesn't stick out to prying eyes. It typically rides underneath a back seat. I basically just load it up with my BASIC mentality. Blade, Aid, Shelter, Ignition and Calories. I also carry a few water jugs which I rotate often. Otherwise just typical breakdown stuff like straps, jump starter, flashlight etc.